What it`s all about
As a Chapter Lead Tech (m/f/d) you are responsible for the backend development team having significant impact on Internetstores‘ future success and help expanding our strong market positions.
Aligned towards the company strategy, you make fundamental forward-looking technology- and architecture-decisions and drive the vision and strategy for the whole team. Defining the what and why you empower a strong team to take care of the how. +20 Backend Developers (embedded in different product teams) will be managed by you with 5 Squad Lead Developers reporting directly to you.
The position can be located either in our Berlin or Stuttgart office with the possibility of up to 4 days of remote work per week.
- Co-create, manage and govern the overall tech vision and strategy of engineering at Internetstores together with management and key stakeholders
- You will be an important pillar building a Service Ecosystem that creates value for all our partners in the industry and especially our customers
- Ensure reliability, scalability, performance & security of all backend products and services in collaboration with a dedicated DevOpsSec team
- Responsibility for future looking technology scouting, evaluation and rollout as well as the definition of design principals for software development
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
- Foster agile DevOps with Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Main point of contact for management and report directly to Director Business Operations & Services
- Ultimate responsibility for relevant KPIs and their monitoring
- Drive the vision for the team and make sure that right development paths are being established
- Track record of successful engagements as senior developer and manager in fast growing tech companies with rapidly evolving products in an agile environment (10+ years)
- Vast experience in software development as well as software architecture & technology management based on wide range of backend and frontend technologies (current tech stack mainly PHP, Symfony, Kubernetes, MySQL, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Redis)
- You already built up, managed and led multiple engineering teams – you are good in coaching, mentoring and providing individual developing paths that let everyone become stronger
- Your self-conception is enablement rather than authority: skills over titles, continuous delivery over deadlines, support over blame, collaboration over competition; you attract talents
- Know how to set up an environment that allows fast scaling in teams
- Highly structured way of working and you love data-driven decisions
- Thanks to your experience you are enjoying high trust amongst peers, managers and the board
- Perfect presentation and communication skills – both team internal as well as across the organization
- Bonus: experience with stepwise replacement of legacy systems in a complex environment and service-based architecture
- Bonus: experience in managing and renewing technology in an ecommerce environment
- Currently 100% remote work possible, in the future (post-covid) up to 4 days per week remote work possible
- Employee discount on the entire bike and outdoor assortment
- Colleagues who share your enthusiasm for biking and the outdoors as well as a wide range of sports activities
- Creative, dynamic and open-minded work environment where your ideas and strategies count
Who we are
We’re true believers in the saying “outside is free” – being in the great outdoors is what really makes us tick and it’s with this philosophy that we’ve become one of the key players in the outdoor sports industry. Our online shops as well as physical stores have only one goal: to inspire our customers and make every adventure possible.
Do you want to be part of our success story? Then apply now! Join more than 800 colleagues from all over the world in dynamic, open teams in Stuttgart, Esslingen, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Hamburg, Dortmund, Lyon and Stockholm. We’re looking forward to working with you!